In Missouri, convictions for exceeding the posted speed limit can result in points being assessed against your license. In some circumstances, you may be eligible for a ticket amendment to avoid the assessment of points. However, multiple amendments are not allowed, and the decision is based upon the speed and your prior driving record. Citations are not modified to "defective equipment" violations.
If the Prosecutor's Office agrees to amend your ticket, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to notify the Fine Collection Center (FCC) in Jefferson City.
If you do not comply with these steps, the Fine Collection Center (FCC) will process your ticket WITHOUT MODIFICATION and points will be assessed against your license.
DO NOT SEND MONEY TO THE FINE COLLECTION CENTER UNLESS YOU ARE PLEADING GUILTY TO THE CHARGE AS WRITTEN BY THE OFFICER.
You may call the Nodaway County Prosecutor's Office to determine if your speeding citation will be amended. If you qualify for amendment of your ticket by the Prosecutor's Office, YOU MUST
1. Use the form provided to you by the officer at the time you received your ticket. If you have misplaced your form, you may download a new Not Guilty Plea Form;
2. Complete the form as directed, including that you are PLEADING NOT GUILTY;
3. Mail your ticket (or a copy) and the completed form to the Fine Collection Center, following the procedures outlined on the Not Guilty Plea Form.
4. DO NOT SEND MONEY TO THE FINE COLLECTION CENTER IF THE TICKET IS TO BE MODIFIED.
5. When your original ticket is returned to Nodaway County, the Circuit Court (660) 582-5431 will notify you of your court date.
6. You pay your fine and court costs to the Nodaway County Circuit Court at their office located at 305 North Main Street, Maryville, Missouri.
7. If your fine and costs are not paid prior to the day of your required court appearance, you must appear in person. Failure to appear may result in the Court issuing a warrant for your arrest.
8. If you need a continuance of your court date, you must contact the Nodaway County Circuit Court, 305 North Main Street, Maryville, Missouri. Their phone number is (660) 582-5431.